Kathie’s Bakery – Scratch Baking Mixes
Simple, Natural, Delicious!
Baking Mixes for Foodservice
For Bakeries, Restaurants, Coffee Shops and Cafés
Buttery, soft, simple,
Learn about our additional offerings!
Kathie’s Bakery – Retail Baking Mixes
Simple recipes from our kitchen to yours
Kathie’s mixes are so simple to make and easy to customize.
You can tell them you made them from scratch!
Featured Recipe: Butter Tart Bars
Kathie’s mixes are easy to adapt and ‘make it your own’
- 1 ½ sticks salted butter (¾ cup), at room temperature
- 1 pkg. Kathie’s Bakery Scratch Shortbread Cookie Mix
- ½ Cup salted butter, at room temperature
- 1 ½ Cups brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1 Tsp. Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 Cup raisins
- ½ Cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Cup coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In large mixing bowl, use your hands to combine butter and Kathie’s Bakery Scratch Shortbread Cookie Mix until the dough holds together when lightly squeezed. (the warmth from your hands is important)
- Pat dough into an un-greased 9×13” cake pan and then use a fork to poke some holes in crust. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust turns slightly brown around edges.
- Make the Topping: the topping is so easy! Place ½ cup butter and brown sugar in a large bowl and beat until blended. Add vinegar, vanilla, raisins, walnuts and coconut (if using, any combination works) and stir until totally combined. Pour on top of warm crust and bake 30-40 minutes until bubbly and a little crusty on the side and edges.
Food says family to me. I want to share what my mother gave me – delicious, natural, homemade food. Our simple, natural mixes make it easy to make delicious, healthy food from scratch in your kitchen. If you are going to eat sweets, make them good ones!