Kathie’s Baking Mixes are so easy to adapt and ‘make your own’
Kathie’s Baking Tips
Adding Special Ingredients
- Add extracts or light flavored herbs like lavender or rosemary
- Roll in sugar before baking
- Dip half of cookie in melted chocolate
- Add flavored yogurt for a little extra flavor
- Add a cup of fruit, chocolate chips or poppy seeds to the mix
- Add vanilla extract or zest of lemon or orange.
- Try savory scones with bacon, cheese, jalapeño or let your imagination run wild!
Perfect Baking Instructions
- I ALWAYS use my hands to mix my mixes. It’s faster, they mix up perfectly and there’s much less cleanup. Its’ fun for kids, too!
- Shortbread tastes best when it’s cool – wait for it!
- Warm hands are magic for mixing shortbread. They make the butter and the mix marry together perfectly.
- Err on the side of overcooking shortbread. They melt in your mouth a bit better when a little overcooked.